I was so excited to hear that Quincy Jones and Lionel Richie were going to remake the 80's song "We are the World" that they originally recorded along with Michael Jackson. I loved the first version and was excited for the new one to support Haiti after their horrifying earthquake.
This week I've been teaching music to the 5th graders at my elementary school. I decided to show them the orginal music video and then show them the brand-spanking new music video and get them excited about the song, lyrics, and the message.
Among the new lyrics it is awesome to watch the popular artist give to something with meaning. They all came together in just a few hours to film and record the tracks, I think what they created is awesome. My favorite addition to the song is the new lyrics
So their cries for help will not be in vain
We can't let them suffer
No we cannot turn away
Right now they need a helping handand the great rap written by Will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas. I also loved how they added Michael Jackson into the music video, they inserted Micheal's original video in at two different parts. So far each of the classes that I have shared the video with have been so excited to learn the song and to watch people they know perform!
So, go and watch the video below and then make a donation to Haiti by downloading it on i tunes for $2.99!
Among the voices in the 81-member choir were Pink, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Nick Jonas, LL Cool J, Robin Thicke, Celine Dion, Akon, Rob Thomas, Wyclef, Jeff Bridges, Vince Vaughn, Barbra Streisand, Jordin Sparks, Good Charlotte's Madden brothers, Tony Bennett, Josh Groban, Snoop Dogg, Justin Bieber, Jennifer Hudson, Keri Hilson, Jamie Foxx, Tyrese, Katharine McPhee, Sean Garrett, Will.I.Am, Carlos Santana, Melanie Fiona, Enrique Iglesias, Toni Braxton, Jason Mraz, Miley Cyrus, Busta Rhymes, Nicole Scherzinger, Nicole Richie, Usher, Julianne Hough, Raphael Saadiq, Zac Brown, India.Arie, "American Idol" judge Randy Jackson, Musiq Soulchild, Heart's Ann and Nancy Wilson, Fonzworth Bentley, Kid Cudi, Iyaz, Bizzy Bone, Nipsey Hussle, the Beach Boys' Brian Wilson and Al Jardine, Trey Songz, Faith Evans, Mya and Gladys Knight. (Head here for a full list of "We Are the World" participants.)

3 comments:
I love that song. We seriously need to get together again. Hope all is well and going good for you! Miss ya
So awesome!
i loved that!!! It is so inspiring and extremely well done. I also enjoyed your "spring rolls" blog! We should make them here at my house for some occasion SOON! Love you, Tiff....Cindi
Post a Comment